Hosed by Composer again! This time trying to install Permission Set from Dev to Test Repositories:
- Dev Repository name: LoserDev
- Dev Repository Domain User: LoserDev
- Test Repository name: LoserTest
- Test Repository Domain User: LoserTest
- Created a Permission set in Dev, which set the ACL domain as LoserDev which corresponded to the LoserDev install parameter in Composer.
- Installed it into LoserDev and everything unit tested fine.
- Went to install the dar file to the LoserTest repository and got an error: “user LoserDev does not exist in Repository”.
- ** Don’t be tempted to create the user in the repository. This will allow the dar to install, but will really confuse the UI with ACLs that kind of work, but not really.
- Went back to the LoserDev Project and opened the LoserDev install parameter, typed in “dm_dbo” into the default value box, saved it, and created another dar.
- Went to install the dar file to LoserTest: same error. What the?
- Went back to LoserDev Composer project, check the LoserDev install parameter and the default value was blank. Hmmm.
- Type the default value into the user parameter value of dm_dbo again and hit the enter key. Ahha! Saved it, created the dar and the install to LoserTest worked.
Bottom line: In Composer make sure you have an asterix * in the tab, to guarantee that your work is getting saved to the underlying xml file which is used to create the dar file.