Hosed by Composer again! Whoever thought Composer was ready for primetime with Lifecycle management was really in the clouds. Here’s what happened:
- I created a Composer Project (call it Poser) and a new lifecycle (let’s call it DOA) along with many other artifacts.
- I installed the Poser.
- DOA had issues with ACLs and was not working correctly
- I thought it would be better to create a delta dar for modifying just DOA
- I created Composer Project 2 (Hoser) and imported DOA from the repository
- I fixed DOA and installed Hoser.
- Now Webtop showed 2 DOA lifecycles.
- Naturally I deny that anything wrong is happening and I choose the wrong DOA, try it and get frustrated.
- I DQL, I look at ACLs, I search Powerlink, I download Doc App Builder 5.3sp65
- So I go back to Hoser, import the original DOA and click the “uninstaller” checkbox to uninstall both DOAs.
- I install the Hoser again.
- Now Webtop showed the original DOA still installed…What the? What got uninstalled?
- At this point I installed Documentum App Builder, created a docapp, imported the lifecycles and uninstalled them. I fixed the DOA and had no other issues. This is still the true work horse!
Bottom line: once you create a lifecycle and actions, stick with that project, don’t create new projects using the original artifacts.